Checklist for Safe Water Use During a Boil-Water Alert
- Do not drink tap water while the water system is under a boil-Water Alert advisory;
- Do not drink from water fountains in parks, public, or private buildings that receive water from the affected system;
- Do not use ice unless it has been made with boiled water; freezing will not necessarily kill harmful bacteria; and
- Do not use tap water to make fountain soft drinks or coffee.
- Wash your dishes in boiled water, or use paper plates for the next few days;
- Wash your fruits and vegetables with boiled or bottled water since they may have been exposed to affected water from grocery store sprayers;
- Wash your hands and bathe as usual. Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed;
- Brush your teeth with boiled or bottled water;
- Cook with tap water if the food will be boiled for at least one (1) minute; and
- Use boiled water to make drinks, juices, or infant formula
If you have any questions please call us and ask for a water supply representative to answer any questions you may have at 228-762-0119.